Toca Boca Reaches a New Milestone
Toca Boca passes 50 million downloads on iOS.
Toca Boca has reached another big milestone – this time passing the 50 million mark in iOS downloads. The Stockholm-based studio has come a long way since its launch nearly three years ago. Today the company has teams in San Francisco and Stockholm, 20 toys and counting out on iOS, Google Play and Kindle Fire, a webshop with products only Toca Boca would think of, fans from all corners of the world, and an extended family in Toronto – the Sago Sago studio.
Toca Boca hit the ground running with launches of Helicopter Taxi and Toca Tea Party in March 2011, and these first apps embodied the same principles seen in Toca Boca products today – wholesome, imaginative, and above all fun for kids to play with.
As for the future, “It has been a fantastic journey thus far, but it feels like it just started – there are so many opportunities still ahead. Fifty million is the new beginning. We are tremendously thankful to everybody making this possible: the fantastic and creative team, all the supportive parents, and most importantly the super kids around the globe” says Chairman Jonas von Hedenberg.
Can’t get enough of Toca Boca? Here are some more things you won’t want to miss:
- The E-mail newsletter - sign up here to get updates, news about new releases, deals, and other good stuff.
- The #tocamini hashtag on Instagram – a Toca fan movement that’s inspiring the Toca playsmiths themselves.
- The webshop - starting with the original t-shirt, made according to Toca standards.
- The t-shirt trailer - the start of a very fun trailer series within the webshop.
- @tocaboca on Twitter – for news, updates, and inside info.
- Toca Boca’s YouTube channel - all the teasers and trailers in one place.
- Toca Boca’s Facebook page – for Toca news, interviews, and amazing photos from Toca fans.